Driven by an unwavering commitment to delivering services/products of the highest standard, our foundry takes meticulous care throughout the production process, with thorough controls at every stage. The culture of quality is applied across every aspect of production, from goods inwards right up to when the final product leaves the foundry.
We produce patterns of all kinds using CAD systems for 2D patterns and CREO 1 for 3D.
We liaise with the customers’ own technical departments in order to optimize the product/process, coming up with financially beneficial technical solutions.
We design casting systems using simulation software.
IN-HOUSE PATTERN SHOP
The shop has two “ROMER ABSOLUTE ARM” automatic measuring tools for fine-tuning and monitoring the equipment, so that we can ensure patterns and core boxes meet stated requirements.
IN-HOUSE CORE SHOP
Nine automatic core shooters, three painting stations and five finishing stations mean we can produce the most complex cores with the Hot Box process.
A robotised cell for the production and finishing of cores.
An annual capacity of 35,000 tonnes achieved with:
• 2 cold blast cupolas measuring 1300 mm in diameter with a 14 tonne/h capacity
• 1 crucible induction melting furnace, 28 tonne capacity
• 1 channel holding furnace, 40 tonne capacity
• DISAMATIC 131-B FAST
(moulds 535 x 650 x 120-405 – rate 420 moulds/h)
(flasks 900x700x250+250 – rate 200 flasks/h)
Both feature automatic pouring and in-line furnaces and are equipped to produce castings with a unit weight ranging from 1 to 100 kg.
The various departments tasked with finishing the castings use the latest generation systems:
• Shot blasting: 3 belted tumbling shot blasting machines; one hook-type cabinet;
• Fettling: bench and portable grinders are used for fettling in a designated area on site;
• Painting: a new building, separate from the production departments, houses an automatic continuous dip coating system that coats castings using 1-pack, 2-pack and water-based paints;
• Finishing and inspection of hydraulic castings: automatic internal shot blasting machines and lines and 10 stations for endoscopic inspection to ensure hydraulic products are top quality.
LABORATORIES and PROCESS CONTROL
Chemical and metallurgical analyses are conducted at every stage of the production process, from receiving the raw material through to the castings leaving our facility, ensuring continuous control throughout. The main inspections and tests are listed below along with the equipment used:
• Chemical analysis, performed with two ARL spectrometers
• Thermal analysis, with Heraeus
• Casting temperature control with immersion measuring instruments (2 fixed and 2 portable)
• Tensile strength, with GALDABINI PM30 device
• Hardness with Brinell REICHERTER BRIVISTOP 3000 bench hardness tester
• Hardness with ERNST portable calibrated pins hardness tester
• Microstructure inspection, LEITZ microscope with image acquisition software
• Defect inspection with Stereo microscope
• Thickness test with ultrasonic equipment
• Dimensional inspection of castings (probing and 3D scanning of castings, with ROMER ABSOLUTE ARM)
Automatic inspection of sand on both plants with Green Sand Control and testing of moulding sand in the laboratory with suitable instruments.
Inspection of pre-coated sand with Hot Flex equipment.